Exit does not save properties. By design?

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <alex@access.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 20:53:49 +1000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
A simple question.

When exiting Jigsaw (via /Admin/Exit), should it save the properties?

I am a just a bit confused on this issue. I can see advantages of either
and I don't know which is valid.
Or maybe it is resource specific and all properties are saved except for
the special cases?

In my case, I am talking about Keep-Alive toggle in Connection Properties.
I set it to false, then exited the server. When I started again, it was
back to true.

Is it bug or a feature?

Still digging,
Alex.