Re: Runaway CgiResource Problem

From: Bruce Nelson (bnelson) <bnelson@www.css.filenet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 23:45:12 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Cc: abaird@w3.org
The plot thickens...

It seems that the runaway is tied to how the CgiResource is set
up... if for example my interpreter is set to /usr/local/bin/perl
and my command is /usr/local/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/test.pl, (the script
is as follows)
---

  #!/usr/local/bin/perl

  print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
  print "Hello cruel World";
  exit(0);

---
I get some very intresting results depending on the value of
"generates-form".

if "generates-form" = true I get the runaway script problem as described
below.

if "generates-form" = false and content-type = text/html then a C application
works fine - no runaway but if I use the interpreter set to
/usr/local/bin/perl and I set the command to test.pl I get the contents of my
script instead of its output, example:

  #!/usr/local/bin/perl

  print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
  print "Hello cruel World";
  exit(0);

instead of Hello cruel World. very strange --