Runaway CgiResource Problem

From: Bruce Nelson <bnelson@www.css.filenet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 18:49:19 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Cc: bnelson@www.css.filenet.com
I seem to have stumbled across a problem with CgiResouce.

CGI applications are running ok but after about 10-15
seconds my CPU starts getting taken over by the java process
running Jigsaw. I can stop it with Admin/Exit if I hurry but after
a short time the process locks up. I have tried to trace it but it
seems that trace does nothing either. This problem happens with
any CGI (CgiResource) application (PERL, C, Shell) the behavior is
the same. You can access other documents run the CGI again
or whatever until the java process locks up at the CPUs. I have
tested this problem out and seems to occur with AIX (IBM) Java
102B (JITC)and 1.02C.(JITC) or without JITC enabled. The server
this is running on is a IBM G30 (two-way) with AIX 4.1.4 We have
had pretty good susess with Jigsaw Alpha 1. using Java 1.02B(JITC).

Thanks

Bruce Nelson
Bruce Nelson
Webmaster - FileNet Corporation