Re: PostableResource problems

From: Steve <daddyo@sparky.oroad.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 18:54:09 -0800 (PST)
To: cosmo@dobie.ebs.net (Craig Brozefsky)
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
> I did not see this in the archives so I figured i would post it.
> I was trying to do some benchmarking last night and wanted to use
> w3c.jigsaw.forms.PostableResource to simulate a very simple jigsaw
> resource handling class.  I went into the Editor and attempted to "Add
> Resource" to my root and it went smoothly.  Even was able to go back to
> "Existing Resources" for root and edit the attributes of my test
> PostableResource resource.  Then when I attempted to access it I get:
> Document not found
> The document http:blagblah is indexed but not available
> The server is misconfigured

I believe this has to do with the PostableResource not converting GETs to
POSTs properly. I'm guessing what you did is added your resource and then
typed in

and got the error message. You resource will no longer show up in the list
of Existing Resources.

Try re-adding your resource and then immediately (ie. before you click on
the link to test out your resource), type in

Where 'whatever' is literally that - any characters. The GET will then be
properly converted to a POST and everything will work wonderfully.

Does anyone know another way around this?

hope this helps,

- steve

Stephen Petschulat                              OpenRoad Communications
stevep@oroad.com                                       Java Development
http://www.oroad.com/                                Internet Databases