Re: PostableResource problems

From: Steve <daddyo@sparky.oroad.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 18:54:09 -0800 (PST)
To: cosmo@dobie.ebs.net (Craig Brozefsky)
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
> I did not see this in the archives so I figured i would post it.
>

> I was trying to do some benchmarking last night and wanted to use
> w3c.jigsaw.forms.PostableResource to simulate a very simple jigsaw
> resource handling class.  I went into the Editor and attempted to "Add
> Resource" to my root and it went smoothly.  Even was able to go back to
> "Existing Resources" for root and edit the attributes of my test
> PostableResource resource.  Then when I attempted to access it I get:
>
> Document not found
> The document http:blagblah is indexed but not available
> The server is misconfigured

I believe this has to do with the PostableResource not converting GETs to
POSTs properly. I'm guessing what you did is added your resource and then
typed in

	http://www.myserver.com/myresource

and got the error message. You resource will no longer show up in the list
of Existing Resources.

Try re-adding your resource and then immediately (ie. before you click on
the link to test out your resource), type in

	http://www.myserver.com/myresource?whatever

Where 'whatever' is literally that - any characters. The GET will then be
properly converted to a POST and everything will work wonderfully.

Does anyone know another way around this?

hope this helps,

- steve

--
Stephen Petschulat                              OpenRoad Communications
stevep@oroad.com                                       Java Development