Re: PostableResource problems

From: Craig Brozefsky <cosmo@dobie.ebs.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:47:32 -0600 (CST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Steve wrote:

> > Document not found
> > The document http:blagblah is indexed but not available
> > The server is misconfigured
>
> I believe this has to do with the PostableResource not converting GETs to
> POSTs properly. I'm guessing what you did is added your resource and then
> typed in

Yah.  Since PostableResource is sub-classed from FileResource you end up
with a call to FileResource.get() if you do not have a query string on
the end of the URL since PostableResource.get() checks
request.hasState('query') and fails thus invoking super.get(request)
calling the get() method of FileResource which of course is misconfigured
since i never assigned a filename to it.

> Where 'whatever' is literally that - any characters. The GET will then be
> properly converted to a POST and everything will work wonderfully.
>
> Does anyone know another way around this?

I assigned a filename ot it, reluctantly.

I am trying to make a resource that will take information like a CGI
program, meaning it will allow me to use PATHINFO to pass along
information to the resource as well as QUERYSTRING.  I am kinda perplexed
about where I should start.  I need a resource that will snarf up the
request even if it's not the last "filename" in the path of the URL.