CgiResource problems

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:04:30 +0100 (MET)
To: Nick Pollitt <npollitt@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org (jigsaw list)
Nick Pollitt writes:
 > I have the following problem with the CgiResource.  I am using the
 > resource to run perl scripts, but if a connection is terminated
 > before the perl script can finish, then I am left with a process
 > running on my machine (or 20).
 >
 > The Process class has a destroy method, but none of the Clients
 > ever seem to call this, and neither do any of the resources as
 > far as I can see.
 >
 > Does anyone have any ideas on where/how to hack this in?
 > Client, ClientPool, httpd.perform???

That's a tough one, in fact. There is now way for a resource to
provide a "cleanup" hook once the request has either been processed or
failed. It needs to be fixed, I'll look into that.

After a reorganization of Client and ClientPool (which are now
abstract classes, so that we can hook in either plain sockets, ssl or
mux) there is a Client:isInterrupted() method, that might be use to do
some pooling (although I don't like that solution).

More on this when fixed.