tutorials out-of-sync with alpha 3?

From: <neal@bighorn.dr.lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 96 17:38:40 PST
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I really appreciate the Jigsaw tutorials.  But
I've noticed several discrepancies between them
and the code in alpha 3 release.  Is there going to be an update?

So far it seems that the tutorials at /User/Tutorials/
are the same as
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Jigsaw/User/Tutorials/

E.g. in /User/Tutorials/configuration.html it says to use
/Admin/PropertiesEditor, but it is "not found".  I substituted
/Admin/Properties/  and that seemed to work.
The same discrepancy is in /User/Administration/Overview.html

The code in the /User/Tutorials/resource.html tutorial
generated two compile errors:

	tutorial:218)javac FancyResource.java
	FancyResource.java:65: Return required at end of w3c.jigsaw.http.Reply createDefaultReply(w3c.jigsaw.http.Request, int).
	   public Reply createDefaultReply(Request request, int status) {
			^
	FancyResource.java:67: No method matching setNoStore() found in class w3c.jigsaw.http.Reply.
		reply.setNoStore();
				^
	2 errors

This was on a Sun Solaris 2.4 machine with JDK 1.0.2.

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett <nealmcb@bell-labs.com>  503-331-5795  Portland/Denver
Bell Labs Innovations for Lucent Technologies
        Formerly AT&T's systems and technology business
http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/      (with PGP key)