configuring for CGI

From: Steve Ray <sray@isi.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:17:52 -0500
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I'm trying to understand how to configure Jigsaw for CGI on an NT 4.0 machine.

I have added the extension of "cgi" to the list of valid extensions, with a
link to the w3c.jigsaw.forms.CgiResource class. Then, I've gone in to edit
it's attributes.

As I understand it, the full path to Perl should be in the Interpreter
field (I put c:/Perl/bin/perl.exe here.) I'm not clear as to what I need to
put in the Command field. It looks like I should put the full path to where
my scripts are going to be. Is this right? Would the proper syntax be
something like C:\Jigsaw\jigsaw\bin\?

Additionally, what should go in the Content-Type field?

Also, I want to use the default Perl extension of .pl in my scripts; would
I then put ".pl" in the Identifier field, or was the extension I created
supposed to be "pl" instead of "cgi"?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Steve

Steve Ray