configuring for CGI

Steve Ray writes:
 > I'm trying to understand how to configure Jigsaw for CGI on an NT 4.0 machine.
 >
 > I have added the extension of "cgi" to the list of valid extensions, with a
 > link to the w3c.jigsaw.forms.CgiResource class. Then, I've gone in to edit
 > it's attributes.
 >
 > As I understand it, the full path to Perl should be in the Interpreter
 > field (I put c:/Perl/bin/perl.exe here.) I'm not clear as to what I need to
 > put in the Command field. It looks like I should put the full path to where
 > my scripts are going to be. Is this right? Would the proper syntax be
 > something like C:\Jigsaw\jigsaw\bin\?

Yes, indeed.
The interpretor is to use only on Win box, since on Unix you can use
the '!#' convetnion.

 > Additionally, what should go in the Content-Type field?

Leave it blank.

 > Also, I want to use the default Perl extension of .pl in my scripts; would
 > I then put ".pl" in the Identifier field, or was the extension I created
 > supposed to be "pl" instead of "cgi"?

You need to create the "pl" extension, set the interpreter field, and
leave the command blank. Upon indexation, the command will default to
the full path of your script.

If you want to create on single CgiResource for a given perl script,
then you need to feel both "interpreter" and "command" (although, the
default command value may feet your needs).

Anselm.