Cannot configure jigsaw using forms on Mac

Karsten D. Wolf writes:
 > Well,
 > Jigsaw started up well on my Mac 7200/90, System 7.5.3
 > Netscape 3b5 crashed a while after looking at the docs, but NS2.01 is stable.
 > I am using the Metrowerks Java interpreter.
 >
 > But when I am trying to save some configuration settings, the thread says
 > goodbye with
 >
 > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: w3c/mime/MIMEContentLengthInputStream
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.forms.PostableResource.post(PostableResource.java)
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.resources.HTTPResource.perform(HTTPResource.java)
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.resources.FilteredResource.perform(FilteredResource.java)
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.processRequest(Client.java)
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.loop(Client.java)
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.runConnection(Client.java)
 >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.run(Client.java)
 >
 > I checked for w3c/mime/MIMEContentLengthInputStream, but it is there. I am
 > a bit puzzled.

This class has a name which is more then 31 (?) chars, which is know
to cause pbs on the Mac. As it is being rewritten (this class), it's
new name is just w3c.www.mime.ContentLengthInputStream which is of the
right size.

For the time being, you will have to rename it manually (sigh) or ask
someone who already did it to provide you the patch.

Anselm.