Re: Cannot configure jigsaw using forms on Mac

>Karsten D. Wolf writes:
> > Well,
> > Jigsaw started up well on my Mac 7200/90, System 7.5.3
> > Netscape 3b5 crashed a while after looking at the docs, but NS2.01 is
>stable.
> > I am using the Metrowerks Java interpreter.
> >
> > But when I am trying to save some configuration settings, the thread says
> > goodbye with
> >
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: w3c/mime/MIMEContentLengthInputStream
> >         at w3c.jigsaw.forms.PostableResource.post(PostableResource.java)
> >         at w3c.jigsaw.resources.HTTPResource.perform(HTTPResource.java)
> >         at
>w3c.jigsaw.resources.FilteredResource.perform(FilteredResource.java)
> >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.processRequest(Client.java)
> >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.loop(Client.java)
> >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.runConnection(Client.java)
> >         at w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.run(Client.java)
> >
> > I checked for w3c/mime/MIMEContentLengthInputStream, but it is there. I am
> > a bit puzzled.
>
>This class has a name which is more then 31 (?) chars, which is know
>to cause pbs on the Mac. As it is being rewritten (this class), it's
>new name is just w3c.www.mime.ContentLengthInputStream which is of the
>right size.
>
>For the time being, you will have to rename it manually (sigh) or ask
>someone who already did it to provide you the patch.
>
>Anselm.

Here are the three .java files with longer than 31 character names:

resources/AttributeHolderInitException.java
      cvs/CvsDirectoryHandlerInterface.java
     mime/MIMEContentLengthInputStream.java

For what it's worth I have renamed the accordingly:

resources/AttributeHolderInitExption.java
      cvs/CvsDirectoryHandlerIntrfc.java
     mime/ContentLengthInputStream.java

This seems to work OK. Anselm, do you have *official* names yet for the
other two classes. Thanks! -jeff