Re: Use Cases & Exploratory Approaches for Ruby Markup

From: MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 23:09:18 +0900
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: public-i18n-cjk@w3.org, www International <www-international@w3.org>
Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote on 2013/03/01 23:11:06
> If you have any comments on the document below, please send to the
> www-international and public-i18n-cjk *before Thursday*.  On Thursday
> the i18n WG would like to approve the publication of the document, so
> that it can be published as a Working Group Note during the following week.

> > http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/

Found a few typos(?):
* 3.4 Grouped rb approach
    "This model also involves the issues mentioned in approach A4, above,..."
    →difficult to find which is "A4"
* 5.4 Grouped rb approach
    In the example of "group ruby on one side", rt3 is doubled:
* Appendix A-4 Double-sided ruby, とうとう→とうなん
    - "Expected outcome" images: dbl-mono-grp.png, dbl-mono.png
    - <rt>とう</rt> for 南(なん) in "live" examples

BTW, we (Antenna House) have a ruby implementation supporting
jukugo ruby (HTML5 syntax, rb.rt.rb.rt, <rb> is optional)
and double-sided ruby (nesting and ruby-position property):

Ruby Extension (AH Formatter V6.0 - Online Manual)
http://www.antennahouse.com/product/ahf60/docs/ahf-ruby.html

Some examples are shown in Chapter 3 of the following document:
http://blog.antenna.co.jp/CSSPage/AHFormatterV6Intro.pdf

I don't have strong opinion for the grouped rb (rb.rb.rt.rt) model,
but if I have to support it I want to reuse the existing HTML5 model
formatting algorithm and first reorder the internal object sequence
(rb.rb.rt.rt to rb.rt.rb.rt) and then process HTML5 model way.

Regards,

Shinyu Murakami
Antenna House