Re: Use Cases & Exploratory Approaches for Ruby Markup

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 16:30:38 +0100
To: MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>
CC: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, public-i18n-cjk@w3.org, www International <www-international@w3.org>
Hi,

On 03/03/2013 15:09 , MURAKAMI Shinyu wrote:
> BTW, we (Antenna House) have a ruby implementation supporting
> jukugo ruby (HTML5 syntax, rb.rt.rb.rt, <rb> is optional)
> and double-sided ruby (nesting and ruby-position property):

Can you please clarify what you mean by "HTML5 syntax"? I ask because
HTML5 as currently standing does not have <rb>. Are you mostly talking
about using an HTML parser?

> I don't have strong opinion for the grouped rb (rb.rb.rt.rt) model,
> but if I have to support it I want to reuse the existing HTML5 model
> formatting algorithm and first reorder the internal object sequence
> (rb.rb.rt.rt to rb.rt.rb.rt) and then process HTML5 model way.

The proposal to support grouping with rb.rb.rt.rt is made with the goal
of becoming the HTML5 model (by replacing/extending the current one —
and notably adding <rb>).

I'm curious: would you alwayds reorder anyway and never make use of the
grouping information for rendering?