Re: Proposal: Input Method Editor API

坊野さん、

-On [20100921 10:56], Hironori Bono (坊野 博典) (hbono@google.com) wrote:
>In my honest opinion, I would love to make this API cover
>JavaScript-based IMEs as well as system IMEs, i.e. web applications
>can control JavaScript-based IMEs with this IME API as well as they
>can control system IMEs with it. Nevertheless, I need help to figure
>out this API is good for JavaScript-based IMEs because I'm a browser
>engineer and do not have so much knowledge about JavaScript-based
>IMEs.

There's a transliteration engine already present in Google Mail (see
Settings > General > Enable Transliteration).
I guess much of those principles of that engine will apply for your
proposal.

>It makes sense. I will add some non-CJK use cases (including yours) in
>the next version.

This engine in Google mail also shows some other languages that use IMEs or
similar technologies.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
I have not yet begun to fight...