Character Collections

From: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:39:15 +0900
To: www-international@w3.org
Inspired by "A Notation for Character Collections for the WWW" (W3C Note),
JTC1 has developed 19757-7 Character Repertoire Description Language.

I do not know if 19757-7 will be publicly available.  But an implementation
is already available at:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~eb2m-mrt/crepdl/crepdl.zip

This works in Windows.  I believe that it requires .Net framework  2.0.

This zip file contains an executable file and test schemas.  Most of the
test schemas are borrowed from 19757-7, and they cover 8859-15,  8859-6,
Armenian, Malayalam, kyoiku1, and kyoiku2.

The syntax of the command is as follows:

  CREPDL schemaURI textFileName

The textFileName may be followed by an encoding name of .Net.  This
program reports either True, False, or Unknown.

Your feedback is very much welcome.

I am hoping that XSD, RELAX NG, OOXML, ODF, Schematron, and some W3C
specs (such as forms) use CREPDL for checking characters.

If you can read Japanese, the mail thread starting at :

http://www2.xml.gr.jp/log.html?MLID=xmlmoji&TID=1809&F=0&L=10&R=1

is useful.

Cheers,
Makoto