Original vs. tranlsation content negotiation

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 04:34:40 +0200
To: www-international@w3.org

Hi - now in the HTML Working Group we discuss wither a translate="no"
attribute is needed. The idea is to give a way to specify which parts of
a document machine translation should translate or not - as some phrases
etc should often remain in the native language.

I joined in, here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Aug/0005.html

Basically I suggested that one could register e.g. the the q as a
singleton and then use e.g. -q-orginal to inform that a document makes
up the original. Simply put, this could be done this way for the LINK
element (and the HTTP link header):

<link lang=fr-q-original rel=alternate href=text.french.htm >

And for HTTP:

Ok - I am ready to be shot down. :-)
--
leif  halvard silli