Re: Editor for HTML, UTF-8 and Arabic

Ivan Herman wrote:

> Mozilla composer creates a pretty horrible HTML, usually.

Exact. I would say even more horrible. Don't forget to Tidy your HTML
just after terminating your edition. Here are some defects/bugs
(according to my experience in bilinguale editing):
- If your initial HTML is valid, Mozilla composer invalidate it (e.g. by
eliminating the backslash  of empty elements). Even if you don't choose
the option "Reformat HTML source".
- You can't add the dir attribute in the html tag as it is recommended
to do. It is immediately eliminated. Unless it exists before opening the
file with mozilla. So you have to insert it before by a text editor.
- Mozilla inserts many blank line in the source file (!?)
- A space typed is considered    . It is particularely annoying in
bidi context, because it breaks an RTL directionnal run, when you see
view HTML code.  "ABC   DEF" in memory gives "FED CBA" in normal
display. In HTML source edinting you see "CBA   FED"

Mozilla doesn't offer enough options to configure it's composer
according to user's need.

> I have really good experiences with NVU, though, although this is
> still Beta: www.nvu.com. It is, sort of, a separate Mozilla project,
> based on the Mozilla core, but concentrating on the editing process only.

I'll try it. Thank you.

Najib

--
Najib TOUNSI (mailto:tounsi@w3.org)