Re: Editor for HTML, UTF-8 and Arabic

From: Andrew Cunningham <andj_c@iprimus.com.au>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 14:28:09 +1000
To: Jasper Michalczik <jasper.m@gmx.net>
CC: www-international@w3.org

Jasper Michalczik wrote:

> Dear members of www-international,
>
> I’m looking for an editor that allows me to edit and save HTML-Files
> with UTF-8 encoding and displays Arabic script correctly. I tried
> XML-Spy, but in order to let it recognize Files as UTF-8 you have to
> put an xml-declaration at the beginning.
>
> I’m looking for some editor of the kind of ancient “HomeSite”.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Jasper Michalczik

My preferred text editor is emeditor.

You could also try NVU, and it might be worth trying Dreamweaver MX
2004, haven't tried Arabic in it yet, but its handled everything else
i've thrown at it, language wise.

WRt to XMLSpy, I've noticed some fundamental differences between the
newest version and some of the older versions. I can no longer work with
some of the languages I need to, and will have to roll back to an older
version of XMLSpy.

Andrew