Re: Ameri-centric web forms: credit card forms, etc

From: Chris Haynes <chris@harvington.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:53:35 +0100
To: <www-international@w3.org>

 "Jony Rosenne" commented:

> Since I live in the State of Israel, I always select IL as the state in
> these cases and it seems to satisfy them. By chance, my previous Israeli
> postal code (61336)  was a valid zip code for IL.
>
> However, some of these forms insist on a 10 digit phone number.

555 555 5555  has always worked for me!

(OT note:  There was at one time a problem with audiences noting the phone
numbers used in movies and dialling those numbers. The former 'Bell System'
allocated '555' to Hollywood for use on-screen, and it will never be used as a
real code. Watch US movies and TV shows carefully - it's still the area code
they use.)

Chris Haynes, England