Re: Windows-31J

From: KUROSAKA Teruhiko <kuro@bhlab.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:00:59 -0700
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

> As far as I know, the label 'Windows-31J' isn't used
> widely. In theory, precise identification of the encoding
> variant would be highly desirable. In practice, in particular
> for Web pages, it unfortunately hasn't yet cought on.

Thank you for quick action, Martin.
I think this kind of research is important though it is
outdated.  What concerns me is that readers may mitake
this research result for recommendation from W3C, and the
web developers keep using Shift_JIS where Windows-31J.

--
KUROSAKA ("Kuro") Teruhiko, San Francisco, California, USA
Internationalization Consultant