RE: About UTF-8, XHTML and Character Encoding

Behzad,

Please use normal characters.  It makes it much easier to maintain the
source code in editors that display the characters, and will reduce file
size considerably.

NCRs are mainly for use when the encoding doesn't support the character
you need (not the case here) or the author is unable to type in the
actual character (again, I'm assuming that's not the case).

Hope that helps,
RI

Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info: http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/

See the W3C Internationalization FAQ page
http://www.w3.org/International/questions.html