RE: How to use CSS LANG selector for Marathi language?

Shailendra,

In the enclosed files I have marked up your text (both in the same way).
Each file uses a different way of assigning styling.  If you try these
on different browsers you will see that (as described in the FAQ), the
one that uses classes is rendered properly on more browsers - which is a
shame, because I think it would be better to use :lang.  I would
therefore currently suggest using classes unless you know your audience
only uses a particular browser and version.

[I have changed en-GB to en, since British English spelling of
Localization is usually with an 's'.  I used an over-large font-size for
the english text to show that it works.]

Hth,
RI

PS: Do you know anyone who could do a good job of translating the text
at http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/samples/english.html into Hindi
for me (in Unicode)? It's to complete the set at
http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/samples/Overview.html

============
Richard Ishida
W3C

tel: +44 1753 480 292
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/

See the W3C Internationalization FAQ page
http://www.w3.org/International/questions.html

Subject: How to use CSS LANG selector for Marathi language?  > > >  > >
>  > > >  > > >  > > >  > > >  > > > Hello All,  > > >  > > > I am
creating an HTML page in Marathi language,  > > > using CSS (linked
stylesheet).  > > >  > > > In Marathi text, I want to show some English
text.  > > > For this, what CSS code should I use?  > > >  > > > I heard
about Language pseudo class selectors,  > > > but I don't know how to
use it in my case.  > > >  > > > I tried to use "inline style" as:  > >
> <lang(en) style="font-family:arial,serif">Software
 > > > Localization</style>
 > > >
 > > > But, then from this onward, remaining text (which is in  > > >
Marathi language) is shown as garbage/garbled characters.  > > >  > > >
Please kindly advise.  > > >  > > > Regards,  > > >  > > > Shailendra
Musale  > > > 18 July, 2003  > > >