RE: question

It's important to note that although WEFT will let you embed Unicode fonts
suitable to show Arabic text, such fonts will only work on later versions of
Windows (e.g. Windows 2000 and above).

Put in a different way; WEFT processed fonts (eot files) are neither more or
less functional than the font they are based on. If a font does not work on
Win98, then it will still not work on Win98 after being processed by WEFT.

There are some additional notes about the language support of web fonts in
the WEFT release notes, which is found on the WEFT user community home page.

Regards,
em2 Solutions
Michael Jansson

t.htm?fname=%20&fsize=