How browser sents UTf-8 data in request

From: souravm <souravm@infy.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:01:45 +0530
To: <www-international@w3.org>
Hi All,

I've a doubt regarding browser's working

Let us assume that I've a HTML form shown in a browser. The response
which created this form had contect type set as UTF-8 at the header.
Hence, if I check the emcoding through the tool bar of browser it is
coming as UTF-8.
This browser is running on Windows 2K whose current locale is Japanese.
The Windows 2k has IME support.
Now if I enter a japanese string in one text box of this form and submit
the form my understanding is -
1. The input data will be actually in Shift_JIS (or the codepage used
for Japanese locale by the Windows 2K).
2. The browser will convert this string from Shift_JIS to UTF-8 before
sending it to the server.
3. In the server if I call the method getCharacterEncodingType of
request object it will show me UTF-8.

Can anyone please verify whether above conclusions/understandings are
proper or not ?

Regards,
Sourav