Chinese not displaying, unless encoding is set explicitly in the browser ?

From: rao srinivas <raosrini_11@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 20:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-international@w3.org
Our application is working fine at my work place, end
user is able to see our application either in
english/chinese/malay based on his laguage choice. But
in some client place chinese is not being displayed,
unless they set encoding to GB2312(Simplified Chinese)
explicitly in the browser.
They are not able to see our application in chinese,
unless they set encoding explicitly in the brower, in
all their systems(Computers), where in different
vertions of Internet Explore including 5.0,5.5,6.0

Even they installed some fonts namely, Arial Unicode
MS, and SimSun, this problem is not get rectified.
The characterset is UTF-8 in our JSPs.

The following line is almost first line, in all our
<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" %>

Could you please tell me the solution for this problem
Thanks in advance

Do You Yahoo!?