Re: XML 1.1

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 21:20:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: yazawa@globalsight.com (Shigemichi Yazawa)
Cc: jcowan@reutershealth.com, www-international@w3.org
Shigemichi Yazawa scripsit:

> I'm now thinking to propose a tag any XML document can use to markup
> the characters that are not allowed in XML. It would look something
> like this:
>
> <xml:orphanedChar value="#x000c" />

Well, except for the xml: prefix, I see no problem with this at all.
If you want it to be more or less mandatory, like xml:base, xml:space,
and xml:lang, then send it to www-xml-blueberry-comments@w3.org
(but don't expect an immediate reply).

> Maybe it's appropriate to publish the proposal as a W3C Note. But I
> don't know the process of submitting a Note. Do I have to be a W3C
> member?

Or else get the cooperation of a member.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com