Re: Euro mess (Was: valid locales ---> was bilingual websites

I didn't say the prices (better: the currency of the prices) would change,
only the formatting and the display. You are used to seeing prices in the
US formatting, the German formatting might cause you to read the prices
wrong. It took me a while to get used to the US display when I moved here.
I still can't imagine a 1/32 of an inch or 3 ounces, but I can imagine 3
millimeters and 1 liter (a Maßkrug). Other countries have some very
unusual formats, at least for us. The currency conversion should always be
done separately either as a feature or at the user's request.

David Possin

"Tex Texin" <texin@progress.com>
11/15/01 03:06 PM