RE: valid locales ---> was Re: bilingual websites

From: <Peter_Constable@sil.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:27:46 -0600
To: www-international@w3.org
On 11/07/2001 10:13:03 AM Barry Caplan wrote:

>Now, does every application need to duplicate that functionality?
>Personally, I think some apps should, and some shouldn't. Even if they
do,
>would they be able to do a better job? What locales settings are
available
>in browsers are not exactly beacons of usability either.

Can you provide an example of why a browser needs to provide *any* locale
settings? Why shouldn't it just inherit locale settings for the given user
that have been specified at the system level?

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>