Re: RE> thumbs-up symbol

From: Stephen M. Gardner <gardsm@aud.alcatel.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 13:25:25 -0500
To: stephen_holmes@lionbridge.com
Cc: ssun@cnri.reston.va.us, mfb@spectre.mitre.org, www-international@w3.org

stephen_holmes@lionbridge.com wrote:

> You can also use this symbol as a hitch-hiker from the roadside to indicate that
> you'd like a lift (or a ride if you're in the US) so you'd need to be careful
> with the various ambiguities.  Perhaps a check-mark is a better option for OK.
> Any comments?

    The orientation of the thumb is different for hitchhiking. It doesn't point up but instead out to the side.

Steve Gardner Technical  Staff Member Q3 Agent Development
1225 N. Alma Road   Tel: 972-996-5888
Richardson Tx. 75081-2206 http://ctnwww.aud.alcatel.com/~gardsm/

Still a lot of lands to see but I wouldn't want to stay here,
it's too old and cold and settled in its ways here.
     --Joni Mitchell
     "California" (Blue Album)