From: <gardsm@aud.alcatel.com >
Sent: Monday, August 31, 1998 1:25 PM
To: Stephen Holmes
Cc: ssun@cnri.reston.va.us; mfb@spectre.mitre.org;
www-international@w3.org
Subject: Re: RE> thumbs-up symbol

stephen_holmes@lionbridge.com wrote:

> You can also use this symbol as a hitch-hiker from the roadside to indicate
that
> you'd like a lift (or a ride if you're in the US) so you'd need to be careful
> with the various ambiguities.  Perhaps a check-mark is a better option for OK.
> Any comments?

    The orientation of the thumb is different for hitchhiking. It doesn't point
up but instead out to the side.

--
Steve Gardner Technical  Staff Member Q3 Agent Development
1225 N. Alma Road   Tel: 972-996-5888

Still a lot of lands to see but I wouldn't want to stay here,
it's too old and cold and settled in its ways here.
     --Joni Mitchell
     "California" (Blue Album)