Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and setting input field to numeric mode

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:47:35 +0200
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Cc: Luca Passani <passani@eunet.no>, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, www-html@w3.org

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 05:38:11PM +0100, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

>> - authors/developers do not need to test/prototype/experiment with  the
>> look and feel of a page
>
> I don't need the "style" attribute to do that.

  In addition it is likely that UAs will continue to support style; nay,
  it is certain that they will for backwards compatibility reasons.

  The question whether we should remove it from a /new/ standard doesn't
  have much of an impact on whether UAs will remove it from something
  already established.

--
 -  Tina Holmboe           siteSifter                  Greytower Technologies
                 http://www.sitesifter.co.uk          http://www.greytower.net