Re: name="" deprecated in XHTML

Tina Holmboe schrieb:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 06:18:53PM +0200, Sebastian Mendel wrote:
>
>>> not necessarily the same person. An id is a unique identifier that
>>> distinguishes between two things. If there are two people with the
>>> same name, they would have a different id.
>> not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_(education)
>>
>> but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_(philosophy)
>
>    The definition of CLASS in HTML or XHTML is authoritative in
>    this case, not Wikipedia.

doesn't w3c recommendations follow how people use and browsers supports things?

possible i am wrong, but searching for getElementsByName() gives me a
feeling that attribute "name" is more used than often ...

but i am possible wrong

i just thought that deprecating name is a mistake, but if nobody agrres,
fine for me, i will still use it, works in all browsers (on all elements)
and native getElementsByName() is much faster than userspace implementations
of getElementsByClass

--
Sebastian Mendel