Re: proposed li:marker pseudo-class

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:15:05 +0200
To: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 01:03:26PM +0100, David Woolley wrote:

> What you seem to be saying is that a typical novel should be represented
> as OL in HTML because the order of the chapters and paragraphs either
> represents the forward progression of time or represents a deliberate

  What I am saying is that there exist no other mechanism in HTML, or
  for that matter in XHTML, for /explicitly/ stating that order is
  significant except OL*.

  Once that is said we can, of course, argue the topic in absurdum.

> distortion of that order that is fundamental to the way the story is
> told.
>
> There might be cases where Hn is reasonable in a list, but I think we
> are talking about chapters, not conventional lists, in the concrete case
> in question.

  My argument apply to the generic case, which I got the impression
  you argued against.

 * Even that can be disputed based on the HTML specification.

--
 -  Tina Holmboe      Developer's Archive           Greytower Technologies
                   http://www.dev-archive.net      http://www.greytower.net