Re: proposed li:marker pseudo-class

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:03:26 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Tina Holmboe wrote:

>   If the items are part of a list, and the order of the items
>   is significant, then then they are certainly in need of an
>   OL.

What you seem to be saying is that a typical novel should be represented
as OL in HTML because the order of the chapters and paragraphs either
represents the forward progression of time or represents a deliberate
distortion of that order that is fundamental to the way the story is told.

There might be cases where Hn is reasonable in a list, but I think we
are talking about chapters, not conventional lists, in the concrete case
in question.

--
David Woolley