Re: META is www-html obsolete?

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:06:18 +0900
To: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>

Hi David,

David Woolley (24 oct. 2007 - 16:27) :
> There is a heavily cross posted debate going to almost every w3c
> list except this one, which is essentially about the future of XML
> and HTML (the vendors are essentially saying that HTML must support
> multi-namespaced documents but using the XML syntax is not an option).
> It seems to me that this list is no longer in use by the W3C
> decision makers.

When the html wg has been created, there was a proposal to reuse www-
html for the WG list, but would create a patent policy problem. We
would have had to unsubscribe everyone on the list and ask them to
join the HTML WG.

* HTML WG mailing list  (work public, Member and public invited experts)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/
* XHTML 2 WG mailing list (work public, Member only participation +
selected invited experts)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/
* RDF in XHTML TF  (work public, Member only participation + selected
invited experts)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/
* old HTML list (here, public discussion about html)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/

I hope it helps. There is also Web API, XForms, etc.

For what is worth this list, www-html, is read by more than one
person from the HTML WG, and other groups. Discussions can perfectly
happen here too. A list is what participants are making of it.

"W3C Decision makers" is a strange term. It really depends on the
context and the type of work which is done. There are more complexity
than just a layered cake. The Web is made of many participants and
decision makers. You are a decision maker too. It just depends on the
context of it.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***