Re: Complex Table Examples

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

>> If something is implemented and used on the Web, it should stay in the
>> HTML spec.  Mark as deprecated if you want, but don't pretend that
>> mistakes of the past will disappear if you remove them from the spec.
>>
>> Implementations are still going to need to implement these features.
>
> This discussion has nothing to do with what will be specified for
> implementations to support, this is just about what is considered
> conforming for documents.
>
> But, what I said still applies implementation requirements in general as
> well.  For instance, support for IE's <t:video> or WebTV's <audioscope>
> elements probably won't be required because there's very little evidence
> (if any) to show that they're needed.

The difference here being that <t:video> and <audioscope> were not part
of the original HTML 4.1 spec, so it's not a case of removing them from
the spec in the first place (whereas that's the case with id/headers).

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/
http://streetteam.webstandards.org/