RE: Will XHTML2 require scripting turned on?

From: Hill, Andrea F. \(LNG-DAY\) <andrea.hill@lexisnexis.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:30:10 -0400
To: "Jasper Magick" <jasper.magick@gmail.com>, <www-html@w3.org>

My understanding is that current browsers don't support XHTML2 'as is',
so some sort of engine must be added for it to be rendered correctly,
and this is what requires scripting currently.

With the movement towards a stronger separation of content vs behaviour,
I find it hard to believe there would be a dependency on scripting for
XHTML to 'work'.

That being said, until user agents "catch up", there may be an
intermediate stage where scripting is used to approximate what the
markup should be able to handle on its own.