Will XHTML2 require scripting turned on?

From: Jasper Magick <jasper.magick@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:12:01 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

When viewing this page http://w3future.com/weblog/gems/xhtml2.xml in
order for it to display correctly I had to enable JavaScript in my
browser (eventhough there isn't a single script/handler tag on that page).
The images and hyperlinks wouldn't work without when JavaScript was
disabled in my browser (Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3).

When XHTML2 is final and has an official doctype, will it require
JavaScript to work?