Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

From: Barry <barry@polisource.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 00:02:14 -0500
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
CC: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>, www-html@w3.org, help-whatwg.org@lists.whatwg.org

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Which takes precedence if both are specified, and they differ?  In fact,
> which takes precedence if an author inclueds 2 or more title elements?

The specs are clear enough that both forms of the title equivalent, so
including both or two of either should be considered an error by the
rendering engine and it's not practical to specify how every possible
error should be handled. In this case, I suggest a warning from the
validator if two titles exist and an error if the titles' content differs.