Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

From: Nicholas Shanks <contact@nickshanks.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 02:32:30 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org
On 9 Mar 2007, at 01:41, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Besides, allowing markup in titles at all seems to ignore the fact
> that most uses for title are limited to plain text, and thus not
> useful.

Most *current* uses are limited to plain text because of limitations
in the OS on what a window title bar can look like. This isn't to say
that in a few years time we won't have rich-text title bars or file
names, especially if IE & Safari teams want to support it, MS & Apple
might just do so system-wide. We already have menu items that can
contain rich content. Hey, if I suggest it here maybe someone
listening will implement just such a thing on Linux this weekend :-)

- Nicholas.