XHTML and Latest Standards

From: GOODRICH, JOHN (SBC-OPS) <JG9598@att.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 22:07:50 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

I am new to developing Web pages with HTML, and I'm a bit confused of
where to look for the most current standards.  It would be helpful if
the W3C home page simply said somewhere prominently, "The latest
standard for HTML specifications" or something like that.  Can someone
just tell me if it is XHTML 1.1, 1.0, XFORMS, XHTML-Print, HTML 4.01, or
what?

J.P. Goodrich
Contractor - Group O Direct
Marketing Support/Services