Re: Simple question about tables...

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:24:16 +0000
To: Alomon <rudy.vogel@free.fr>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 05:51:07AM +0100, Alomon wrote:
> I'm not a newbie in HTML, but I don't remember something : i would want to
> fix the width of a table, even if there is a long text in the table (so
> reduce automatically the size of the text).

www-html is a mailing list for discussing the development /of/
(X)HTML, not for HOWTO questions about using it. You should try more
appropriate groups such as comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html,
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets and comp.lang.javascript on

HTML is not a presentation language, it isn't for describing font size
and the like. CSS is closer to what you want. However, CSS doesn't
have any facility to reduce font size to fit. That might be possible
with JavaScript.