Re: XHTML and Latest Standards

From: Sebastian Mendel <lists@sebastianmendel.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:10:33 +0100
To: "GOODRICH, JOHN (SBC-OPS)" <JG9598@att.com>
CC: www-html@w3.org

GOODRICH, JOHN (SBC-OPS) schrieb:

> I am new to developing Web pages with HTML, and I'm a bit confused of
> where to look for the most current standards.  It would be helpful if
> the W3C home page simply said somewhere prominently, "The latest
> standard for HTML specifications" or something like that.  Can someone
> just tell me if it is XHTML 1.1, 1.0, XFORMS, XHTML-Print, HTML 4.01, or
> what?

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/#recommendations

latest HTML is 4.01 http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/
latest XHTML is 1.1 http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/

possible what you are looking for is XHTML 1.0

http://www.w3.org/TR/html/

all very easy to find - click 'HTML' on W3 start page

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de