Re: More comment on section and h

From: Sjoerd Visscher <sjoerd@w3future.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:46:18 +0200
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
CC: XHTML-Liste <www-html@w3.org>, www-html@w3.org

Daniel Glazman wrote:

> The section/h model is from my perspective, with my editor implementor's
> hat on, flawed.

 From the perspective of implementing an editor (Xopus in my case) the
current situation certainly is unfortunate.

My ideal content model for section would be:

   h, block-level*, section*

There is a one-to-one mapping between this model and any xhtml 1
document with h1-h6 that doesn't skip levels, so for html editors the
interface doesn't have to change. This is also exactly the mapping that
semantically makes the most sense: a section starts with a heading and
ends before the next heading of the same level.

But still having h1-h6 around in xhtml 2 makes the mapping impossible.

--
Sjoerd Visscher
http://w3future.com/weblog/