Re: More comment on section and h

From: Jim Jewett <jimjjewett@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:20:37 -0400
To: "Sjoerd Visscher" <sjoerd@w3future.com>
Cc: "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, XHTML-Liste <www-html@w3.org>

On 8/9/06, Sjoerd Visscher <sjoerd@w3future.com> wrote:

> Daniel Glazman wrote:
>
> > The section/h model is from my perspective, with my editor implementor's
> > hat on, flawed.
>
>  From the perspective of implementing an editor (Xopus in my case) the
> current situation certainly is unfortunate.
>
> My ideal content model for section would be:
>
>    h, block-level*, section*

If you're going to allow a mix of unsectioned block-level, why not
allow it before the header (quotes before a chapter title) or after
the sections (copyright,  attribution, legalese)

    block-level*, h?, (block-level | section)*

Alternatively, you could restrict it to normal blocks *or* other sections.

    h?, (block-level* | section*)

-jJ