More comment on section and h

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:06:07 +0200
To: XHTML-Liste <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

I just cannot believe what I just saw, and I must say I am stupid myself
since I started commenting on XHTML2 with the first drafts and never
saw it before...

A section element and the corresponding header have no hierarchical
relationship... They are siblings. That means it is impossible in an
editor with a single click without scripting to select the whole
section, title included. I perfectly understand this was made to
allow intermediate elements between the section's body and the title,
but PRECISELY there is a confusion here between section and section
body.
That implies that an editor will have to use code to move a section
before or after another one instead of using the trivial
select+dragndrop mechanism.

Hey, a document has a root, a title in a head, and a body, but a
section has no root... What is called 'section' in XHTML2 is in fact
clearly the old 'secbody' we have seen in old DTDs like CALS (remember?
There was a world before XML and that world already solved most issues)
and we miss a real 'section' element.

The section/h model is from my perspective, with my editor implementor's
hat on, flawed.

</Daniel>