Re: Suggestion: 'rel="unrelated"' (was: Re: rel="nofollow" attribute)

Actually, no, there are applications far less static than weblogs,
particularly the vast majority of weblogs, which are not frequently
updated or commented upon. Hence many are in fact implemented as I
describe. Many more use various caching schemes, even non-weblog Web
applications. So your suggestion that they serve a different page to
Google would not be feasible or as easy to implement as you seem to
suggest.

Google's suggested implementation, whatever its semantic merits or lack
thereof, is easy to implement at processing time, i.e., when a comment
is submitted to a weblog.

--
Sandy Smith, Senior Programmer
Forum One Communications