Re: Suggestion: 'rel="unrelated"

Trejkaz wrote:
> I'm starting to wonder why this couldn't have been achieved without markup at
> all.  The web server _knows_ that it's Googlebot requesting the page.
> Couldn't the web application simply omit the entire comment section?

You, like Google, seem to be forgetting that a lot of legitimate and
valuable discussion takes place within blog comments.  Marking comments
off in a way that tells a search engine to ignore the content or
omitting them entirely is essentially denying their existence.  That is
harmful because searches would then fail to return those kind of
results, even though their content may be highly relevent.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/