On the subject of Access Keys.

From: Léonie Watson <lw@nomensa.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:09:32 -0000
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: "John Foliot - WATS.ca" <foliot@wats.ca>

Good afternoon,

	I would like to add my support to the request made by John Foliot-Wats on the subject of access keys:

	I would like to follow on from my colleague Alastair Campbell's support::

	I am a screen reader user and I work with other SR users, both assisting them to build web sites and to use other sites, and the only consistent opinion I come across is that access keys are, for us, a waste of time.

	Whilst access keys are defined by the author, it is unlikely that there can be a consistent standard for key assignment and frankly this leads to an unwanted burden on the memory. Leaving it to the user would at least allow them to create a standard for themselves, should they care to override the successful mechanisms already found within their respective screen readers at all.

Nomensa - Humanising technology
Léonie Watson            |  Head of Accessibility
t. +44 (0)117 929 7333

Visit our web site today:

Nomensa Email Disclaimer: