Re: object + fallback content in form submission

Quoting "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>:
> In which case, getting back to the point of this list: could the
> situation be clarified in a future draft? And no, I wouldn't say it's
> a "contrived" situation...it's a real world situation where, for
> accessibility and interoperability reasons, an author needs to
> provide alternative content to an object (as per spec) which happens
> to be in a form (also nothing wrong per spec).
>
> Right, off to find a more suitable list then...

There has been some discussion about whether or not using OBJECT as a form
control should remain allowed or not.

For ease of implementation browsers typically process child contents as
well so
for example a script within an OBJECT element would execute (at a guess). This
is not the case for several other elements like IFRAME, NOSCRIPT and NOFRAMES.
The contents of those elements are parsed as CDATA (not PCDATA) unless frames
or script are disabled in which case they are parsed as PCDATA. A bit weird,
but that's how it works.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>